Friday, February 19, 2010

My New LOVE


ZUMBA!

I have finally found an exercise that I love to do. I had heard about Zumba recently when I joined the local YMCA. I started off just using the treadmills but to be honest...its quite boring and I tend to not push my limits on the treadmill. Each day that I walked down the hallway in the Y I would walk right past the cardio room and peek in the door of the aerobics room where Zumba was taking place. I knew it was an hour long class and I was so afraid to try it. I was positive that I wouldn't be able to get thru a whole hour of cardio not to mention that I have NEVER had any kind of rhythm for dance in all my life.

One Sunday I decided that I would bite the bullet and just try the beginners class. Well it didn't seem very "beginner's" to me but I jumped right in and tried. I made it thru the whole class although I felt like I didn't belong. I could barely keep up with the pace but the music was amazing. I kept trying and went back to the morning classes a few times each week. I discovered that I truly LOVE Zumba! I have found many of the songs and downloaded them to my iPod and I often wake up with these songs in my head :)

My sister wanted to try it with me while she was here visiting and she loved it too. Now she has a gym membership in CA and is going to Zumba! Its so exciting that she and I both found something we love to do.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Woo Hoo, LOVE Zumba!!!

I'm so glad you found an exercise that you love, and I'm glad that I found it too. Now only if I could find one that didn't already have 100 people taking the same class. . .
P.S. You look great!!

Latina Barbi said...

I love ZUMBA! I go in dry and leave drenched with sweat and I feel sexy! Keep it up! latinabarbi.wordpress.com
MUAH!

Anonymous said...

I used to zumba! Oh it is wonderful...I am also a military wife...just stopping by..I hope you enjoy it as much as i did!

SepticTank.co.uk said...

Zumba is great!

د.محمد مصطفى حافظ said...

wowwwwww