Saturday, October 17, 2009

I'm an Auntie!

On Monday, October 5th my niece Eleanor Paige was born! My sister labored very long and hard for 35 hours before they finally decided (after dilation stopped) to do a c-section. Kara worked so hard for so long with lots of discomfort and pressure and was disappointed to have to end up with a c-section. The surgery itself turned into "the worst experience of my life" in Kara's words. Hearing her describe it was heartbreaking.

Of course the end result was nothing less than a miracle...a beautiful, healthy little girl! Elle was 7 lbs 6 oz and 21" long. Her daddy is Mexican, giving her long thick black hair, dark skin and eyes. What a special baby she is. Her mommy and daddy love her to death and Elle has lots of family and extended family who are completely in love with her. She has lots of adventures awaiting her.

Me giving Elle kisses before I had to fly back to TX

Sweet baby Elle!
8 days old

I am so happy that I was able to fly home to be with Kara, Julio and Elle for a week. I cooked lots of meals for the freezer and helped wherever I could with other housework. I know how amazing that help is after having a baby and I didn't even have a c-section.

I am excited to see how Elle grows and I hope to be a big part of her life although being so far apart makes that tough. I think that our family has proved that its possible though with our boys...so I'm determined!

1 comment:

Short Haircuts said...

you have a beautiful kid and you need to visit the official site of fashion schools
and get the latest haircuts for the little boys.