Sunday, September 27, 2009

Losing My Mind!

Its Sunday.  Dominic is working nights this weekend and its my job to "try" to keep the boys civil and preferably quiet so that Dominic can sleep.  I bought him ear plugs but doesn't wear them.  

Ayden is a major handful!  He is currently sitting in time out for the 5th time today!  He wrapped a belt around Christian's neck at one point.  Then less than 5 minutes later he spit in Christian's mouth!!!  Ugh!  I thought I was going to loose it.  He's been climbing over the back of the couch all day after being told to stop a thousand times.  I just don't know what to do with this kid sometimes.  I guess I need to re-read my new parenting book.  

I'd like to go to Target today but honestly, leaving the house with all three boys in tow just doesn't even sound slightly appealing to me right now.  I'll wait until tomorrow when I can just have Mason and Dominic will be off.

We're inviting a potential new friend over for dinner on Tuesday.  Our good friend Zach who is currently deployed, announced several months ago that he's getting married.  We've met his fiance, Megan a few times and had lots of interaction with her online.  She's a sweetheart and we are excited for Zach.  They are planning on having their wedding and reception out at Zach's Papa's land.  She asked us if we would take her out there to sort of talk about where the best place would be for the wedding.  Then we'll pick up the boys from school and come home to have some dinner.  I'm looking forward to getting to know her better.  

I'm finding that I have much more time on my hands now that two of the boys are in school.  I would love to meet some new people preferably some other stay at home moms but I just suck at being social.  I wish I weren't so timid all the time.  Maybe I need a new hobby.

Back to the kids...

1 comment:

ABW said...

I'm not very social either, and it kills me that I don't have a lot of friends here. I had so many in Texas from work and from being there so long. That's what sucks about moving so much. Come here and I'll hang out! Have a good time with your new friend!